None of us are born knowing how to do a great job interview, but the skills can definitely be learned!
Through mock interviewing, feedback and tips, I can prepare you to impress employers, get offers and move to the next level in your career.
I can help you to:
- Exude confidence, which gives the interviewer confidence in you. You will have more confidence after our session – for all the right reasons.
- Establish rapport with the interviewer and help them feel that you are “their kind of person.”
- Memorably communicate your unique value proposition and brand and stand out from the competition.
- Give authentic yet strategic answers to even the toughest questions.
- Tell stories that prove your value to the employer. I can help you identify these examples from your past experience and tell them in a compelling way.
- Close the interview and follow up to stay at “top of mind” until the decision is made.
- Negotiate an excellent compensation package – even if you have never negotiated before.
Do you have an interview scheduled?
Even if you don’t, an unscheduled phone screening could happen any time. Are you ready to answer questions like these?
- “Would you please tell me about yourself?”
- “What are your weaknesses?”
- “What are your salary expectations?”
- “Why did you leave your past job?”
- “What about this 10-month period between jobs…?”
- “Tell me about a time when you…” (Do you have convincing examples and stories?)
Are you ready for different types of interviews and their challenges? Every type of interview brings its own unique ways for you to shine – or to drop out of the running.
I offer three levels of support:
Interview Success Package (3 hours) – Customized, one-on-one coaching and mock interviewing (with video recording available upon request) spread over 2-3 sessions, in person, via phone or Skype. Plus a 26-page Interview Success Guide full of tips, worksheets and sample interview questions, and a personalized “Relax and Psych Up” recording you can listen to at home or on your phone (upon request). The coaching alone would cost $420 at my hourly rate of $140/hr., but the package discount price is only $330. (You save $90.)
Super-Support Program (5 hours) – All of the above, plus two additional hours of mock interviewing, coaching and/or thank-you letter writing assistance. $700 value for $540. (You save $160.)
Economy Coaching (1.5 hours) – One session, with instructions on how to continue building your skills on your own. $210
Interview Coaching + Resume Review – Add 30 minutes of resume review to any of the above packages for only $45. (You save $25.)
A moderate investment can make a big difference: Interview effectively and get the job!
Thea Kelley Career Services